The LVO is right around the corner and I thought it might be fun to put together some predictions for the event. Feel free to share your own or comment on mine.
1. There will be no Eldar in the Top 8 - Eldar had their time to shine, but nowadays almost all tournament lists are built with Wave Serpents and Wraithknights in mind. They will win at a high %, but won't make it to the final day.
2. Tyranids will make the Top 8 - I expect to see quite a few combinations of Flyrants, Barbed Hierodules and Malanthropes this year.
3. A West Coast Player will win the main event this year; more specifically a player from California. These missions are very popular here in California and we've had a lot of practice with them.
4. The most prevalent army in the top 8 will be Imperial "star" armies. Bikes, Centurions, Thunder Wolf Calvary supported by psykers. These armies are tough to beat and are very popular.
5. There will not be any Adamantium Lance Formations in the top 8. Similar to Eldar, players now build their lists with Imperial Knights in mind.
6. The LVO a will be won by an Imperial "star" army. As stated above, these armies are popular and effective. When in the hands of an experienced general, it's tough to stop these types of lists.
That's it for now! I might try to come up with 4 more to fill the list out to 10...
What are your predictions for the LVO?