Comic Quest & Hobby Sherpa 1,500 Point Tournament
11:30 – 1:45 Round 1
1:45 – 2:15 Lunch
2:15 – 4:30 Round 2
4:30 – 6:45 Round 3
6:45 – 7:00 Cleanup
*Each scenario is built using two book missions played simultaneously with all 3 book bonus points. This results in 10 possible points per scenario.
For any Maelstrom mission, if you roll for a tactical objective that you cannot achieve you may re-roll the objective.
Scenario 1: Crusade (4pts) and Cleanse and Control (3pts): Dawn of War Deployment. There are always 3 Crusade Objectives placed outside of either player’s deployment zone.
Scenario 2: Purge the Alien (4 pts) and Contact Lost (3 pts): Dawn of War Deployment
Scenario 3: Emperor’s Will (4 pts) and Tactical Escalation (3 pts): Dawn of War Deployment. Emperor’s Will objectives are placed in each player’s own deployment zone.
*The book Bonus Points (Slay the Warlord, First Blood, Linebreaker) are worth 1 point each.
1. Adjust and define terrain / cover saves with your opponent. There should be a roughly symmetrical distribution of terrain across the table.
2. Roll for psychic powers/gifts/etc.
3. Roll for deployment zones. The player that rolls higher gets to choose his or her deployment zone.
4. Place any Fortifications. No Fortification may be placed closer than 4″ to any table edge or another piece of terrain. Adjust terrain to fit any large Fortifications or remove the terrain piece if it becomes impossible to place the Fortification. Please note that the Aegis is an exception to the above rule and may be placed closer than 4″ to a table edge or another piece of terrain.
5. Place objectives. The player that chose deployment zones first places the first objective. Players then alternate placing objectives until all have been placed, following normal objective placement rules per Pg. 134 of the BRB and any modifications per the scenario they are playing.
6. Roll for Warlord trait per usual in the BRB Pg. 124. Do not use the Tactical Traits table.
7. Roll for Night Fighting.
8. Players then roll to determine first turn. The player that wins the roll can choose to go first or second. The player going first then deploys first and goes first unless the other player seizes the initiative.
· 1500 points
· Maximum of two sources to construct army
· 1 Primary / Combined Arms Detachment + 1 Allied Detachment OR Formation Dataslate (example: you may take a Tau CAD with a Tau Formation Dataslate, but may not take any allies
· No Lords of War / Stronghold Assault
· No Forgeworld
· No Unbound Army lists
We use a hierarchy for determining rules issues as follows:
Main Rule Book
FAQs and Erratas
Please note, the change to the 2+ reroll save is still in effect. Ie., any save of any type of a 2+ that can be rerolled is failed on the second roll of a 1,2 or 3.
Consensus of judges present at the time. Please note, that these judgments are final.